Friday, June 3, 2016

BFRO Report: Ape-like sounds close to a dam on the Neosho River near Pryor

STATE: Oklahoma

COUNTY: Mayes County



LOCATION DETAILS: Near low water dam, Pryor side, by Sportsman and Cherokee Heights.

NEAREST TOWN: Pryor Creek

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 69A



OBSERVED:
In June 2015, I, my wife, and son, were out at 10:00pm south of Pryor
near low water dam on the Neosho river. As we drove the back roads, I
stopped my truck and immediately heard a loud "ape like" sound coming
from the tree line that was appropriately 15 yards to our left. We shone
a light in the area for about a minute.



I backed my truck up 20 feet and
stopped and we heard a second louder "ape like" sound from a second
location in the tree line. The "ape like" sound was a short whooping
noise. The second noise was loader and more aggressive sounding than the
first noise. We stayed in the area for several hours with no other
incident.

 

BFRO Report 50756: Family hears ape-like sounds close to a dam on the Neosho River near Pryor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!